Christmas time is just around the corner and what better time than to prepare something special. Whether it’s the great big Christmas meal or that ‘noche buena’ as some households call it, nothing can be more satisfying than to see a well prepared feast. And if you’re not up to preparing something huge, it is always best to make some nibbles while putting up those decorations and have a festive atmosphere.
You don’t have to go all gaga just to have that special treat. Here is a treat that will surely surprise family and friends while enjoying that ambience of the Christmas holiday.
Stuffed Dates of Blue Stilton Cheese And Bacon
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Blue Stilton Cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese (sometimes they come in these small packs)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- pepper to taste
- 24 pcs. Medjool dates (about 16 ozs. unpitted)
Here are the Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile cook bacon until crispy, drain and then finely crumble them to pieces.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the bacon green onion, and garlic. Add the blue cheese, cream cheese and mustard plus the pepper.
3. Stir well to combine.
4. Using a knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date. Spread each date opn slightly. Remove the pits. Fill each date with a rounded teaspoon of the bacon mixture. Place dates, filling side up, on a baking sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve warm.
These dates can be stuffed, covered and chilled up to 24 hours so there is no need to rush into stressing yourself out. And always remember that the best cheese always comes from the only gourmet cheese shop online, the Ideal Cheese Shop. Guaranteed you will get the freshness of the cheese you purchase. And for the holidays, you always would want what is best.
And by the way, it doesn’t have to be that cookie you can place on the plate for Santa to munch on as he gives you your gift under the tree. Be creative, give him a date! This recipe kind of date, is what I mean. Enjoy!