The Bufala Mozzarella cheese is a sliceable curd cheese that originated in Italy. What makes it different and highly prized compared to the other kinds of cheeses is that it is made from water buffalo’s milk instead of the usual cow’s milk. Water buffalo milk is known to be a lot more costly than cow’s milk and is costly to export, making this cheese a little more expensive than the common cheeses in the store. Today however, this cheese is locally made throughout the United States, varying slightly in taste.
Bufala Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Sausage Balls in Tomato-Basil Sauce
There are hundreds of gourmet dishes that you can cook Bufala Mozzarella Cheese with. Whoever says mozzarella cheese is only for pizza is certainly not a pro. In this article, you will learn how to cook a delicious dish using the Bufala Mozzarella Cheese. Surprise your loved ones as they come home to the most sumptuous Bufala Mozzarella Stuffed Meat Balls in Tomato-Basil Sauce.
Here is what you need:
2 pounds ground pork
1 tub bite size Bufala Mozzarella Cheese
1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
1 tub good quality fresh pesto
4 – 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Easy To Follow Steps:
- Prepare your bite sized Bufala Mozzarella Cheese on the side and put your ground pork in a bowl.
- Add a dash of salt into your ground pork to taste and then separate it into 4 sections. You can make three meatballs for every section. To form a meatball, take a liberal amount of meat and wrap it around a piece of Bufala Mozzarella. You can make twelve balls. You can then coat each meatball with a trickle of olive oil.
- Bake the meatballs for eighteen to twenty minutes until they are evenly brown.
- While waiting, add tomatoes to a small pot or skillet and you can mash it with a potato masher and season with salt and pepper. Then simmer it over medium heat for about eight to ten minutes. Turn the heat off the tomatoes and stir in 1/2 cup prepared pesto.
- You may then serve three cheese-stuffed meatballs in every plate topping it with tomato-basil sauce. You may add mashed potato or rice. This recipe is good for four people.
Express your love to the people you care about with this fabulous dish and they will certainly come back for more. If you think that you cannot get the authentic Bufala Mozzarella in your local cheese store, go online and check out the Ideal Cheese website. Order now before supplies run out!Bookmark & Share